- Guber polls: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins Dep Gov in PDP
- Klick Konnect firm, Ondo Govt shortlist Consumer Co-op Agents for Empowerment in 15 LGAs
- Why I shunned Ondo Speaker over Dep Gov's Impeachment —CJ
- PDP delegates' Bribery: Ondo Dep Governor's Camp breaks Silence
- Ondo Guber race: Angry PDP members protest, allege Faboyede, Dep Governor of doctoring Delegates' list
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
Situation over the ravaging coronavirus is getting worst as the University of Medical Sciences Teaching Hospital, (UNIMEDTH) in Ondo town today “forcefully” discharged some patients after closing down some of its services as part of precautionary measures to stop deadly coronavirus disease.
The hospital said it will only attend to emergency patients.
The Acting Director of Administration, Mr. Babatunde Adeeyo in a Circular issued on behalf of the Hospital’s Chief Medical Director and directed affected staff and patients to vacate some units.
Below is the full details of the circular;
MANAGEMENT PRECAUTION ON COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Hospital management has taken the following decisions as a precaution to stem the propagation of outbreak of the covid-19 disease.
The hospitals will only attend to new patients presenting as emergencies through the various accident and emergency units.
All outpatient clinic i.e specialist clinic and general outpatient department are closed for the next two weeks.
Telephone lines will be kept open 24 hours for patient attending the closed clinics so that they can continue to have access to their physicians.
In-patients whose care can continue at home should be discharged.