- Achievers University, Owo matriculates 593 new students, warns against indiscipline
- Senate moves to ease Visa Renewal for Nigerians
- Akeredolu has made history with Pharmacist Aladenola as Perm Sec —Ondo Health workers
- Ojogo, Akinterinwa, Titiloye return as Info, Finance, Justice Commissioners in Ondo
- Update: Akeredolu makes fresh appointments
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
A group of some aggrieved leaders and members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State, under the umbrella of APC UNITY FORUM, yesterday got a major boost, as the daughter of the first civilian governor of the state, Jumoke Ajasin-Anifowose dumped the camp of the incumbent, Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu to join the group.
Ajasin also joined the governorship race on the APC platform against her Owo Kinsman, Akeredolu.
Jumoke attended the meeting of the Unity Forum Committee on selection of consensus candidate headed by Senator Yele Omogunwa and she was screened for the governorship contest.
One of the forum’s chieftains, told SUNSHINETRUTH anonymously that
“Jumoke Ajasin, a foremost female politician from Owo, Ondo State and daughter of the late sage, Chief Adekunle Ajasin has parted ways with Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State.”
“Chief Jumoke Ajasin has joined the Unity Forum under the leadership of Alhaji Ali Olanusi. We can also confirm that she has just been screened by the Consensus Candidate Selection Committee of the Unity Forum.
“With her entrance into the race, the number of Akeredolu’s kinsmen who are interested in the sole ticket of the Unity Forum has increased to five.
Jumoke Ajasin was until recently one of the staunch supporters of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu. They hail from the same town, Owo.”