- Defection: Why we won’t miss Dennis Alonge —Ondo PDP, welcomes two political Bigwigs
- Govt reacts as Two Residents drowned in Ondo River
- Crack in Ondo PDP as ex-Chair Candidate Alonge, Scores of PDP, ZLP leaders defect to APC
- No Amotekun Officer killed in Ondo —Commander
- Amotekun officer, Two others shot dead in Ondo
Re: Ondo State Government’s Decision on Covid19
In line with our principle of strict adherence to the rule of law and obedience to government regulations, our party announces the cancellation of its planned State Congress which is to hold on Tuesday, the 24th of March 2020.
We take deep cognizance of the ravaging danger the COVID19 virus pandemic poses to the people and had made all arrangements for strict adherence to internationally advised standards for mitigating its spread.
However, based on the order and instruction of the Ondo State Government and its directive banning all social gatherings, we hereby announce the postponement of our State Congress scheduled for tomorrow for a period of 14 days in line with the instruction of the State Government.
Our party shall engage the Ondo state government in discussions to find a way around resolving this issue.
All members of the PDP in Ondo state are therefore advised to remain in their respective locations in line with the directive of government.
We use this opportunity to enjoin all citizens to remain law abiding and respect the directive of government as we collectively work towards mitigating the spread of this disease.
Director; Media and Publicity, PDP