- Gang up against Ondo APC Exco thickens as Oke, Adelami, others mount pressure on Buni's caretaker committee
- Primaries: APC delegates can't be trusted, they are vultures —Guber Aspirants
- Impeachment: Dep Gov Agboola lauds CJ, seeks removal of Ondo Speaker
- Ondo 2020: How YPP will benefit from APC, PDP crises —Guber Aspirant Dotun Ojon
- APC primaries: Odigbo delegates endorse Akeredolu
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
Amidst growing cases of Coronavirus infections, four men who are timber dealers and a woman have been kidnapped at the boundary town of Ikakumo Akoko, near Akoko Edo local government area of Edo state .
One of them, Samuel Obadofin , is a native of Akunnu in Akoko northeast council area of Ondo State.
According to a community leader from Akunu Akoko, Mr Michael Bello, the men who were sawmillers were kidnapped from the forest where their timber lorry broke down .
The police area commander for Ikare Akoko Assistant commissioner of police Razak Rauf said the area of incident was not within the jurisdiction of Ondo state police command.
The regent of Akunu Akoko ,princess Tola Orogun expressed sadness over increasing rate of kidnap cases around Akunnu and appealed to authorities to save the community from such ugly development.
Unconfirmed report says two travellers were also kidnapped in Ore axis of the state.