- Impeachment: No escape route for you —APC tells Ondo Dep Gov
- Gang up against Ondo APC Exco thickens as Oke, Adelami, others mount pressure on Buni's caretaker committee
- Primaries: APC delegates can't be trusted, they are vultures —Guber Aspirants
- Impeachment: Dep Gov Agboola lauds CJ, seeks removal of Ondo Speaker
- Ondo 2020: How YPP will benefit from APC, PDP crises —Guber Aspirant Dotun Ojon
There are allegation and counter allegation over a report that founder of Sotitobire Miracle centre, Prophet Babatunde Alfa allegedly poisoned himself in an attempt to commit suicide at the Nigerian correctional center, Olokuta ,Ondo state.
A source told SUNSHINETRUTH that the incident allegedly occurred on Thursday shortly after he was returned to the correctional center from the Ondo state high court where his trial over the missing child (Gold Kolawole) inside his church is taking place.
It was gathered that the prophet swallowed “rat killer” but after it was discovered, the prison officers rushed him to an undisclosed hospital for treatment.
Our correspondent also gathered that prophet Alfa is now responding to treatment.
The source told our correspondent that it would be the second time the prophet would allegedly attempt to commit suicide as he had once drunk disinfectant before being rescued.
As at the time of filing this report, he has been returned to the prison after treatment.
Countering the report, a top official of the Nigerian Prisons, Babatunde Ogundare who is also the Ondo state Spokesman of Prisons denied the incident, adding that the prophet was not taken to hospital, hale and hearty.
Also, lawyer to the Prophet, Mr Olusola Oke said the report was untrue, noting that after he contacted the prison, it was confirmed to him that nothing bad happened to Pastor Babatunde.
The report has generated mixed reactions from members of the public.