- Election rigging: Akeredolu, APC take action to prosecute ex-Ondo SSG, Abegunde
- How I used Security, Spiritual channels to search for missing Boy —Prophet Sotitobire
- My take on Age falsification, law school scam and PDP disqualification card —Ondo Dep Gov
- Missing boy: Prophet Sotitobire in witness box at Ondo Court to defend self
- Recover Oyo NUJ property through Court —Police tell Babalola
More facts have emerged about the report of a police officer, sergeant Saliu Tolulope who shot himself and his wife to death at Akungba Akoko in Akoko southwest local government area, as their two kids watched on when the horrible incident occurred inside their room.
SUNSHINETRUTH had three days reported how Tolulope allegedly carried out the dastardly act.
It was learnt that the incident happened after the two deceased had a disagreement when the late wife visited her Policeman husband who was newly posted to Akungba and thereafter allegedly met another woman friend in the man’s room.
The situation led to quarrel between the couple later in the night when neighbours suddenly had gunshots from their apartment and met them in pool of their blood with their two children crying.
The neighbours on getting to the scene met the couple in the pool of their blood and their 2 years old child and 3 months old baby weeping but could not talk to explain the situation.
The late police officer was said to be from Supare Akoko which is about one kilometre to Akungba where he worked.
The chairman of Police Community Relations Committee , PCRC , Akungba division, Prince Rasheed Ajimo described the incident as tragic and called for proper investigation.
Efforts to speak with the Divisional police officer , Akungba Akoko chief superintendent of police Sakiru Ajibola on the incident was not successful, but the state Police Public Relations Officer, Tee-Leo Ikoro said full scale investigation had been launched into the incident.