- Ondo Guber race: Chief Akeju, Ilaje-Ijaw unite for Kekemeke
- "Muslims are Politically Bereaved, Marginalised in Ondo State"
- Ondo primaries: Don't set bad precedent —APC tells Gov aspirants
- Ondo Journalist sets to release new album "Fuji Revolution"
- Impeachment: No escape route for you —APC tells Ondo Dep Gov
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
There was a confusion and apprehension at Ondo state University UNIMED Teaching Hospital, Akure Annex this morning when one of its officials slapped an Okada Rider and the motorcyclist allegedly becomes blind immediately.
The official who is one of the securitymen at the Hospital’s gate, was said to have assaulted the Okada man whose full identity is yet to be ascertained as at the press time.
One of the eyewitnesses at the scene who is also at the hospital for treatment told SUNSHINETRUTH that the securityman accused the Okada Rider of obstructing entrance to the health facility and started beating him.
“The Okada man can’t see again, how he gets blind, I don’t understand but the man can’t see anything again.”
As at the time of filing in this report, the “blind” Okada man has been arrested by men of the Nigeria police on the order of the Hospital’s authorities.
The female eyewitness who betrayed emotion with crying, described the arrest as inhumane and high level of insensitivity, “they should have attended to his eyes but they instead arrested him. This is oppression oo.”
SUNSHINETRUTH shall serve you with further details and reactions of the concerned authorities soon……..