- Oshiomhole speaks on Akeredolu, Ondo Guber Election
- Ondo SDP gets new Exco, as Falae's Faction suspends Agunloye
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Submit your Membership Registers for Primaries —INEC tells APC, PDP, others
- COVID-19: Ondo records unprecedented number of deaths —Akeredolu
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Real outcomes of APC governors' Consultation with Tinubu Revealed
As a result of the flash floods that have adversely affected most communities, especially in the riverine areas of the State, Governor Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, SAN, has constituted two Ad-hoc Teams to carry out an assessment tour of communities so affected by this unforeseen natural disaster.
The Teams are as follows:
ILAJE LOCAL GOVT
1.Hon Oyebo Aladetan, Special Adviser on Niger Delta- Team Leader
Other Team members include;
2. Hon Gbenga Edema, Chairman OSOPADEC
3.Hon. Lucky Ayedatiwa
4.Hon. Otito Atikase, Chairman Ilaje LG
5.Hon. Olumide Ikuepenikan, Commisioner, OSOPADEC
6.Hon Felix Rawa SSA Riverine & Community Relations.
ESE-ODO LOCAL GOVT
1. Chief Olugbenga Ale, Chief of Staff to the Gov- Team Leader.
Other Team members are;
2. Donald Ojogo, Commissioner for Information and Orientation
3. Dr. Jibayo Adeyeye, Special Adviser Health
4. Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Environment
5. Hon. Omolew Shadrack Ojo, Chairman Ese-Odo LG
6.Hon. Kele Bolodeoku, SSA Community Mobilisation.
Among others, the Teams are to ascertain the impact of the floods; number of communities affected; public property affected; the extent of damage to communities and suggest measures that could assist the State in her pursuit for succour from the Federal Government through the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
According to the Governor, the two Teams must commence work immediately and report back not later than Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
Mr Governor expresses his deep concern over this national phenomenon even as he shares in the pains of all such affected communities.
Senior Special Assistant to the Governor
(Media and Publicity)