- Oshiomhole speaks on Akeredolu, Ondo Guber Election
- Ondo SDP gets new Exco, as Falae's Faction suspends Agunloye
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Submit your Membership Registers for Primaries —INEC tells APC, PDP, others
- COVID-19: Ondo records unprecedented number of deaths —Akeredolu
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Real outcomes of APC governors' Consultation with Tinubu Revealed
By: Ade Adeleke
Public Primary and Secondary Schools in the riverine areas submerged in floods are to proceed on a three weeks holiday beginning from Monday, October 14, 2019
A statement at the weekend and signed by the commissioner for information, Donald Ojogo says Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu gave the directive to safeguard lives and property.
Here is the full text of press statement:
GOVERNMENT SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Following the flash floods that have affected most flood-prone communities, especially in the riverine areas of the State, Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has directed public Primary and Secondary Schools submerged in the floods to proceed on a three weeks holiday beginning from Monday, October 14, 2019.
This becomes necessary in order to forestall possible attendant incidents that may likely affect lives of vulnerable pupils in those areas as a result of the floods. It is also aimed at protecting valuables from avoidable destruction.
All Head Teachers and Principals are to enforce this directive; and in particular, ensure that all perishable educational materials are evacuated while Government works out remedial logistics believing that the floods would recede within the period of the three weeks holiday.
Commissioner for Information and Orientation