- Oshiomhole speaks on Akeredolu, Ondo Guber Election
- Ondo SDP gets new Exco, as Falae's Faction suspends Agunloye
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Submit your Membership Registers for Primaries —INEC tells APC, PDP, others
- COVID-19: Ondo records unprecedented number of deaths —Akeredolu
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Real outcomes of APC governors' Consultation with Tinubu Revealed
By: Oluwatosin Adesola
Mr Joshe Boluwaji Father of the final year student of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba drowned in flood on Thursday narrated that his daughter, Miss Doyin Boluwaji is still alive
Mr Boluwaji expressed this belief while receiving Exco members of Ondo state government at his residence in Akure.
However, the search for her body of the undergraduate continued on Thursday without her being seen.
Excavators were used by the Ondo state government to trace the scene and flooded areas at Akungba Akoko but to no avail.
Pix: searching continues.
The father however explained that the accommodation he secured for the girl since her preliminary year in the university town was nowhere near canal or waterlogged environment
According to Mr Jóshè who earlier appreciated the state government for the visit said that Doyin was trapped somewhere begging government to get her alive
Earlier, the chief of staff to the governor, chief Olugbenga Ale who led the delegation cautioned residents against building on waterways
Chief Ale added that the state government still look forward to acquiring more swamp buggy and amphibian excavators to tackle ecological problems in the state.
Aged, Twenty-five, Miss Doyin Boluwaji was reportedly swept away by flood resulting from over twenty-four hour downpour last Tuesday at her rented apartment in Akungba Akoko.