- BREAKING: Shock, as Ritualists kill 70yr-old Grandma, remove Sensitive Parts of her Body in Ondo
- 2020 Guber Race: How we'll unseat Akeredolu —Boroffice
- Akeredolu sets for N400Billion Medical Investment in Ondo
- Amotekun Bill: Ondo Assembly cuts short Recess
- Tension in Ibadan, as NURTW factions, Oyo Govt draw battleline
By: Ade Adeleke
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has dissolved the Ondo state Council of Obas chaired by the Olukare of Ikare, Oba Akadiri Momoh.
The dissolution followed the expiration of the council’s two years single term tenure.
The governor has subsequently approved the appointment of new chairman for the Council.
Below is the full text of the press statement;
Following the expiration of the two-year single tenure of the Ondo State Council of Obas and its subsequent dissolution, Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has approved the constitution of a new Council and the appointment of Kabiyesi Olugbo of Ugbo, Oba (Dr.) Fredrick Eniolorunda Obateru Akinruntan, Okoro Ajija I, CON, as Chairman, Ondo State Council of Obas for a period of two years.
The tenure of the new Chairman will start from the 13th day of September, 2019.
The inauguration of the new Council will hold at a later date.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor