- BREAKING: Ex-Ondo Commissioner, Former Council Chairman die
- JUST IN: How Two abducted Catholic Priests regain Freedom in Ondo
- "My opinion about Outgoing AAUA VC Ajibefun"
- @20, Standard of AAUA has been radically improved —Tunji Abayomi
- ONDO: Kidnappers demand N100million ransom for abducted Catholic Priests
By: Ade Adeleke
All necessary legal arrangements have been perfected by the Ondo State Police Command to arraign a soldier who allegedly involved in the rape of a student of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko.
SUNSHINETRUTH had three weeks ago published how the suspect, Lance Corporal Sunday Adelola, allegedly raped the victim, a 300-level student of the Department of Religous and African Studies of AAUA, at a military checkpoint along Ikare-Akungba Akoko road.
Following the alleged rape, it was gathered that Adelola had been dismissed by the authorities of the Nigerian Army before he was handed over to the police for prosecution.
Speaking on the development, the state Police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO), Mr Femi Joseph, said the suspect would certainly be charged to court this week.
He said, “We are taking the suspect to court on Wednesday and if we don’t take him to court on Wednesday, we will certainly take him to court on Thursday. ”
On the allegation that the army and police wanted to sweep the case under the carpet, Joseph denied the allegation, saying justice must take its due course on the matter.