- Oshiomhole speaks on Akeredolu, Ondo Guber Election
- Ondo SDP gets new Exco, as Falae's Faction suspends Agunloye
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Submit your Membership Registers for Primaries —INEC tells APC, PDP, others
- COVID-19: Ondo records unprecedented number of deaths —Akeredolu
- Ondo, Edo Polls: Real outcomes of APC governors' Consultation with Tinubu Revealed
By: Ade Adeleke
Intending Pilgrims from Ondo and Ekiti state to this year’s Hajj in Saudi Arabia today staged a peaceful protest at Ilorin International Airport over the delay in airlifting them to the holy land as scheduled.
Some of them complained that they had been sleeping on the floor for days due to the delay by the flight arranged by the National Hajj Commission.
Report says the Commission is attending to the delay issue.
Reacting to the development, the Ondo state government appealed for calm over the incident.
According to the Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr Donald Ojogo, “Our attention has been drawn to reports about the delay in the departure of Ondo State Pilgrims to the Holy Land, Saudi Arabia.”
“Though the delay was said to have affected most states in the Southwest, Government considers this delay an avoidable development caused by the National Hajj Commission.”
“It is however, necessary to appeal to all our intending Pilgrims to bear with the Ondo State Pilgrims Welfare Board as it is on top of the situation. The assurances by the Board that all affected Pilgrims will depart this evening is heartwarming,” Ojogo said.