- Ondo Amotekun rescues hawking Teenager from kidnappers
- Man caught Raping Disabled Girl in Akure
- Breaking: PDP faces collapse as Seven NWC Members resign
- Akeredolu, Oleyelogun wade in as aggrieved APC Leaders reject 270 Ifedore Wards Exco
- Lack of Judicial Independence endangers Nigeria’s Democracy —former Gambian CJ
Senator representing Ondo North District in the National Assembly, Professor Ajayi Boroffice, has officially declared his ambition to run for the position of Deputy Senate President.
Boroffice made intention known in a terse letter written to his colleagues at the red chamber, seeking their support for the plum job.
The letter personally signed by Senator Boroffice and sighted by DAILY POST on Tuesday, read in part, “With an excellent public service record, rich legislative experience and amiable personae, I consider myself the best candidate for the office of Deputy Senate President.
“In spite of our different backgrounds, religious beliefs and political inclinations, the business of National law-making has pulled us together as friends and colleagues.
“In this light, I humbly seek your cooperation, support and prayers in this election. Together we shall succeed.”