- Ondo Amotekun rescues hawking Teenager from kidnappers
- Man caught Raping Disabled Girl in Akure
- Breaking: PDP faces collapse as Seven NWC Members resign
- Akeredolu, Oleyelogun wade in as aggrieved APC Leaders reject 270 Ifedore Wards Exco
- Lack of Judicial Independence endangers Nigeria’s Democracy —former Gambian CJ
By: Sunshine Truth
The Independent National Electoral Commission, yesterday fixed the governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa States for November 2nd 2019.
INEC National Commissioner and Chairman, Voter Education and Information, Mr Festus Okoye, announced this in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.
The statement, which was shared on the verified Twitter handle of INEC revealed the schedule and timetable of activities for the governorship election in the two states.
Part of the statement read, “The official notice for both elections will be issued on August 1, 2019, while political parties that intend to sponsor candidates are to hold their primaries for the nominations of such candidates from 2nd-29th August 2019.
“Campaigns by political parties in public shall commence on 2nd August 2019 and end on 31st October 2019.”