- N30,000 MINIMUM WAGE: Ondo Govt strategizes for Implementation
- UNLAWFUL INVASION: Company drags Total Nigeria PLC to IGP, DSS
- ONDO NUJ APPOINTS IGBARA-OKE MONARCH AS ROYAL PATRON
- No part of Ondo state'll Suffer Neglect under my Watch —Akeredolu
- Untold Story of Fake 'Blind' Beggar who uses 10yr-old Girl to make Money
As Christians observed Ash Wednesday, Nigerian have been urged to to reneww their relationship with God.
The parish priest of sacred heart Catholic Cathedral, Akure, Reverend Father Stephen Omokoba gave the advice at a special mass to celebrate the day
It’s a solemn assembly at the church as parishioners converged for a service to mark the ash Wednesday a tradition in the christiandom
Making the sign of the cross on their foreheads by the priest with ashes is a reminder that man comes from the dust and will one day return to the dust.
One by one they received the ashes on their foreheads as they set to begin the 40 days fast.
The priest urged them to see the season as a very rear period to communicate with God in fasting and praying and giving to the needy
Beginning with this ash Wednesday, lent is 40 days of reflection and preparation before easter in the Christian calendar.
By observing the 40 days of lent, Christians replicate Jesus Christ’s sacrifice and withdrawal into the desert for 40 days.
The vicar of saint thomas Anglican Church, isikan akure, venerable olugbenga omotayo shares his thought on the importance of the day.
Beginning from yesterday, Christians expected to abstain from acts that could pitch them against their maker.