- UK connection: Buhari’s Son Yusuf set to wed Emir’s Daughter
- Defection: Why we won’t miss Dennis Alonge —Ondo PDP, welcomes two political Bigwigs
- Govt reacts as Two Residents drowned in Ondo River
- Crack in Ondo PDP as ex-Chair Candidate Alonge, Scores of PDP, ZLP leaders defect to APC
- No Amotekun Officer killed in Ondo —Commander
Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State has said he only fears God and not human beings, including President Muhammadu Buhari.
Amosun said this in the bid to clarify his position that he does not fear anyone except God.
Amosun spoke during the 2018 edition of the state’s Christmas Carol and Service of Nine Lessons at Kuto, Abeokuta, the state capital.
Amosun was reported to have made the comments while addressing leaders and members of the All Progressives Congress during a stakeholders meeting on Friday at the party Secretariat in Abeokuta.
But clarifying his earlier statement, he said he fears only God and not Buhari.
He said: “You know this is our time as politician, a time when politicians will call black, blue.
“Yesterday I held a meeting with our people and the way I started was that I was brought up to fear God but only for me to see in the paper this morning that ‘Amosun says he fears God and Buhari’.
“No, it is only God I fear, the one that is alive, the only one that will say ‘kufayakun’ and no one can change(it), that is the only God that I fear.
“Of course, I respect President Buhari, I love him and he loves me too but I know him, he fears God because he is from God.
“He doesn’t beg for respect he commands and earns it. So it is only God that I fear.”